Thursday, May 27, 2010

Jimmy Gnecco - The Heart - 7.20.10


Jimmy Gnecco's self-produced solo album, The Heart, is dropping on July 20! It'll be available on vinyl as well as on CD, and I'm beyond excited for it. I've been an OURS for the last two years, and to hear Jimmy's voice so clear like this, will be incredible. I will be doing a first reaction blog when I finally get the album, so be on the lookout for that. In the meantime, here's the tracklist.


The Heart

1. Rest Your Soul
2. Light On The Grave
3. Mystery
4. The Heart
5. Bring You Home
6. These Are My Hands
7. Days
8. Gravity
9. I Heard You Singing
10. Take A Chance
11. Darling
12. Light On The Grave (Reprise)
13. Patiently Waiting
14. It's Only Love
15. Talk To Me

I think out of everything on the album, I think the songs I am most excited for  are Gravity and Mystery. Mystery I have loved since I heard it, and I am thrilled to have a studio version of Gravity - since the only version I do have is a live version with obnoxious chatter over it. From what I have heard live (which is a fair amount, since I've gone to a bunch of shows since October and he's played a lot of the stuff) - I feel like I am going to burst into tears when I hear this album. And I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment