Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30 Seconds to Mars - A Cinematic Call to Arms (Cross Linked from The Screen Door)

I don't usually cross link to other blogger's posts but this is one really worth reading. This was posted on 30 Seconds to Mars' homepage today, as well as published on antiMusic.com as part of the 13th anniversary of the site. This blog puts into words exactly what This is War, 30STM's latest album makes me feel when I listen to it. It's honest. And raw. And brilliant writing.

There's certain artists who's music I love because its good. I enjoy listening to it. I'd go see them in concert if they came locally, but wouldn't travel for it. Then there's artists that make music that make me feel. The songwriting is raw and honest and the vocals are incredible. 30 Seconds to Mars now goes onto that very short list of artists. (I'm sure from the bands I write about on my blog, you can guess who the others are).

Even if you're not a fan of 30 Seconds to Mars, I encourage you to read this. Because it holds true not just for that one band, but for any album or song that has ever made you feel alive, made you shed tears and be hopeful all at the same time. The one band that you will jump through hoops to see live, travel for, spend hours trying to explain to those who just don't get it - and then finding out that you're in good company when you find those who do.

30 Seconds to Mars - A Cinematic Call to Arms - The Screen Door, with Anthony Kuzminski

No comments:

Post a Comment