Friday, May 13, 2011

One Year Later + Music that Inspires Me

I realized the other day that I've had this blog for a full year. I can't believe it's been that long - and its been quite a year. Looking back - the amount of shows I've been to, the amount of things I've done - I just can't wrap my head around it. I feel like I've done a lot and shared so many experiences - and just the fact that I've kept up with it for so long. When I started, I was just doing this for me, and while I still am - I also love sharing it with all of you - thank you to everyone who's read this, supported it, and shared it. I am excited to see what the future brings!

That all being said, I've been thinking about doing a post about this the last few days, and I figured this was a good tie in with the sentimental post. I'm inspired by music daily and it sometimes hits like a ton of bricks and sometimes it worms its way into my head over a period of time. Here are a few songs that have inspired me over the last year.

Ours - Ran Away to Tell The World
This song was one of the sneaky ones. It wormed its way into my head over a period of time and just didn't leave. It's now one of my favorite songs and one that I listen to to feed my brain daily and to remind me that I can't wait around for things to happen - I need to make them happen.

Ryan Star - 11:59
The whole album actually ties in with the theme of live in the moment and don't let life pass you by because the best times are the ones right now, but I just love the simplicity of it. I first heard it the first time I heard him play live and went nuts trying to find it because I needed it in my life, and I'm glad to say, it was absolutely worth the wait.

30 Seconds to Mars - Closer to the Edge
This came about kind of randomly - I saw 30STM 2 weeks ago in Boston, as I'd won tickets. I've liked them for awhile and really really loved their latest album, but this song hit me like a ton of bricks when I ended up really listening to the lyrics. And now I've fallen down the rabbit hole. Which is really not a bad place to be!

I'm headed to NYC this weekend to catch Plain Jane Automobile's release show and also Mike Robins is playing an acoustic set, so look for posts on both of those next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment