Friday, June 18, 2010

Beach Days and More

I'm not sure how I post an entry and then somehow, its become two weeks or so later. But maybe I just feel like I don't have anything exciting to talk about? I also really am not quite sure how it's the middle of June. Seriously - where has this time gone? have to say, it is significantly nicer this summer then it was last summer. Today is a total beach day. And I'm working, which is a bummer. But tomorrow's going to be just as nice, which I'm pretty excited about. So, lets see if I can't sum up what's been going on.

I've been totally slacking on the 30 day shred and my eating is starting to get a bit out of control, but I've been maintaining my 10 pound weight loss. Since the weather's been nice and the bike path is open near my house, I've been going for bike rides a couple of nights a week after work. It doesn't totally do things for me that Jillian does for me - but it's still better then nothing. I've decided that my next goal is to lose 5 more pounds before July 20 - which is a month away and also the date of Jimmy Gnecco's album release. If I can lose more than that, that's great too! actually bought a bikini the other day at Old Navy because a) I needed a new bathing suit and b) it was surprisingly a lot more flattering on me then the tankini that I tried on. I was pleasantly surprised that I looked as good in it as I do and I'm comfortable and confident in it. So, go me.

Last weekend was my cousin's high school graduation party. It rained (ugh) but I still had fun. I went up with my dad and we spent longer then either of us planned on. But it was fine, and it was a good thing I was not driving because I had enough wine that I definitely should not have. I got home late afternoon, watched the NCIS marathon on USA, had chicken fingers and french fries (which is my total, I'm drunk and want food, food) and went to bed early, only to be awoken the next morning around 7 by my roommate calling me. He had been in CA for the weekend, and took the red eye home, arriving Monday morning. He said he was going to to work Monday, so I assumed (stupid of me) that he was going straight from the airport to work, so I had locked the screen door (I do at night) - so he was locked out. Oops. At that point I wasn't going back to bed so I vegged on the couch before I had to get ready for work - and proceeded to get stuck in the WORST traffic jam, thanks to someone getting killed early that morning so the highway was pretty much shut down. It took me almost 2 hours to get to work - not the way I wanted to start my Monday morning. But I digress.



This upcoming weekend will be a lot of fun. I'm headed to Connecticut to hang out with Lisa and probably meet up with some friends as well, then Sunday we're going to see Ryan Star at the Webster Underground in Hartford! I'm really excited, because it'll be the first time I've seen Ryan since he opened for David Cook last October in Providence. And it'll be the first time that I'm getting to see a full show, PLUS introducing Lisa to him, so it'll be fun. Monday night I'm going to see Ryan in Boston at Cafe 939 at Berklee - which will be awesome as well.

I was supposed to go see Jimmy in New Jersey on Monday night, but I just couldn't swing the trip and make the logistics work for me. I'm bummed out about it, but Ryan is not a horrible consolation prize. Ryan's touring in support of his current single, Breathe (which you should all totally check out, because its amazing) and his album is finally dropping on August 3! can't wait - after almost a year of delays (was supposed to drop last June) 11:59 will finally be in mine (and a lot of other people's) hot little hands. He's having a release party in NYC on August 3 that I have bought a ticket for, but I have no idea how I'm going to make the logistics work. I'm sure it'll be fine, because it always is.

There's lots of fun and exciting things going on this summer that I'm looking forward to -- plus some new albums coming out later this year. The second half of 2010 is shaping up to be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment