Monday, November 26, 2012

What I'm Listening to Lately

Oh Hello.

I know, it's been awhile. Things have been busy, so this blog has been neglected a bit, but I'm hoping to not let it slide too much anymore with new music coming out in 2013! I thought I'd share some music that I've added to my iTunes as of late.

Our Wild Love - Low 
From the guys in Plain Jane Automobile comes a new project. Low is the first single off their new album, due out sometime next year. I love this song a lot - its a bit dark and ethereal, and a totally different direction from the Plain Jane Automobile music. I'm really itching to hear the rest of the album now. Oh and you can download their song, for FREE at the above web site.

Mumford & Sons - Babel
I love their folk-rock alternative sound and Babel is the follow up album to Sigh No More, which is just fantastic. As much as I love the first album, I think Babel is amazing. Mumford and Sons stay true to who they are, and it's worked for them. That's a true artist.

Flagship
This is a relatively new band that a friend of mine introduced me to this year, and oh lord they are fantastic. They have their Debut EP out on itunes right now, but I'm going to link to their newest song, Hollywood Underwater. I am VERY much looking forward to their full length album due out this spring on Bright Antenna.

Ryan Star- Stay Awhile
I know I posted the video for this song earlier this year when it came out, but I really can't get enough of it. Its sexy and suggestive, but still has an absolute rock vibe to it. Acoustic or full band, this song soars. Ryan is current in the studio working on his new album, which will hopefully be released early next year. I can't wait for the new stuff!

And because it's the holiday season, I have to link to my favorite holiday album right now

Josh Groban - Noel 
This album is just a beautiful album of classic songs, and Josh is one of my favorite artists. Not to mention, I'm a sucker for a baritone. The only thing missing in my opinion is his version of Oh Holy Night, which is not only one of my favorite Christmas songs, but I love how effortless he makes it seem, soaring through the high notes.

What about you? What are you listening to lately?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your Babel selection, for sure. Didn't think it would be possible for Mumford & Sons to top themselves, but they did! In fact, "I Will Wait" has been stuck in my head for days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh Groban's is one of my favorite Christmas albums. I don't normally listen to his music but ohmygoodness. I'm also LOVING Babel. I adored the first album but this one seems so much better--it's everything I loved about the first one times 10. ;)

    I'm not familiar with many of the others you listed. Lately I've been enjoying The Lumineers, Alabama Shakes, and the Avett Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently listening to Christmas songs! And the Frozen soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete