Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Plain Jane Automobile - The Starlight Sessions Live Recordings

Plain Jane Automobile recently released the  Starlight Sessions Live Recordings -an acoustic recording of 3 songs - two of which are on the new album and were just stripped down, and the third is a great cover of Lykke Li's I Follow Rivers. I Follow Rivers opens the EP and it's a great upbeat tune to kick it off with. I honestly have never heard the original song, but I really dig their interpretation.

Stones is up next and if I didn't already love this song so much, the acoustic version would have sealed the deal. I love how gorgeous it is stripped down. Lead man Duke Crider's vocals just bring a sense of longing and wanting to the song, while the piano just takes it to a completely different place. This is hands down my absolute favorite track off the EP.

We Live in the Dark, Part 1 rounds out the three song set, and while its not stripped down as much as Stones, I love it. The acoustic track just brings a completely different vibe to the song while keeping the PJA sound that they're known for. I'd love to hear them do a completely acoustic album, and this EP is a great start. Also, did I mention that you can download the Starlight Sessions Live Recordings for FREE from Plain Jane Automobile's web site? While you're there getting the 3 acoustic songs, check out the rest of their music on their web site. Because that's free too.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome review! I'll definitely be checking them out :)

    ReplyDelete