Sunday, February 20, 2011

Josh Groban - National Anthem, NBA All Star Game 2.20.11

Lately, I've been rolling my eyes at the singing of the National Anthem at major sporting events - the one that sticks out in my mind the most is this year's Super Bowl fiasco. The Star Spangled Banner is not an easy song to sing - especially a capella. I give props to anyone who has to do it - especially at such a high-profile event. I was excited when I found out Josh was singing it at the NBA All Star game. Thankfully, I remembered it was on tonight, and turned it on just in time.  He blew it out of the water - and reminded me all over again why I fell in love in the first place.

Check it out here. And thanks to Water Cooler Convo for alerting me to the video, when I had posted on twitter that I was looking for the video for here - she was coincidentally looking for something else and came across it.

1 comment:

  1. I just watched it. And tweeted about it before I realized you had blogged about it. ;) That is how it's done, ladies and gentlemen. Some people don't need vocal gymnastics. I do love that man.

    ReplyDelete